Saturday, August 10, 2013

More under the hood work

I continued the work on the battery box and building the mountings for all the control equipment. I had a bit of a setback with the power steering, a leak has started and I need to get that sealed up. I tested the steering pump and steering and no leaks at that time.

The clearance is very close to the speed sensor and motor shaft by design, I need all the room to get the batteries in. I modified the sensor for motor speed sensor to work with the pulley for the power steering. I tested the speed sensor with the stock tachometer, everything woking as expected.

 The battery box was built oversize for upgrading the batteries later but I needed some room to mount the circuit breakers. I decided to mount the fuse and main contactor in the extra space as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment