Sunday, July 21, 2013

Brackets and old car blues

I resumed working on the battery box and associated brackets, I welded the frame as much as possible and still install in engine bay. I will be bolting some parts in order to remove components that may need service later. I painted all the steel and installed in the engine compartment.
I mounted the vacuum switch, and tested the pump and vacuum system, I couldn't get much vacuum and traced to a leaking vacuum booster. I checked the donor car and found the booster in working condition, so after doing headstands under the dash of 2 cars I removed both. I cleaned up the working unit and installed it. A system check revealed everything working properly, I set the vacuum switch to cut off and about 20 and in at 15 inches of vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment